Sunday, October 23, 2011

Homecoming

Hi all!

I am 10 days past treatment #4. This recovery is different from all the others. My body, especially my legs and feet, feel like they are made of lead. I shuffle like an old person when I walk and my feet hurt all the time. I am having quite a few migraine headaches too. I normally get about 4-5 migraines a year and I am getting 4-5 a month now.

Anytime I talk to the nurses or oncologist about my symptoms, of course everything is caused by the chemo! There is really no way to know what will come next. So.... I continue my journey... one day at a time.

We had quite an eventful and wonderful week. Of course our 25th anniversary was on Tuesday. Urbana's Homecoming was this weekend. I hosted Matt and 9 of his friends here for pictures. Then Kate and Becca's moms took them to Laurienzo's in Mt Airy for dinner and then to the dance.

Matt said they had a great time. Lots of food, music, friends and dancing. Thank goodness for the normal "stuff" for Matt to join in for the a diversion from my days. I am resting and hanging out on the couch reading and watching TV. Working on getting my evergy back. I was able to get to the pumpkin patch to get some outside fall decorations and a pumpkin of course. Now... whether or not the pumpkin will get carved that is another question. I'll let you know!

Happy Fall... isn't it beautiful?!? My favorite season.
Luv,
Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment